Monday, June 14, 2010

Zoo Day

Ainsley had done well yesterday, so I thought the boys and I would take the morning and do something fun together. So, we were off to the zoo. Brilliant. The Zoo. In June. It was 84 by 8:30. No surprise that the summer hours are 7am - 2pm. We managed to survive 2 hours. OK, I managed. The boys were unphased. (Now that I think about it, it may account for the fact that I've been yawning all day and actually took a snooze at the hospital.) Anyway, we had a good time - The boys had their maps and Ian led the way based on the key things he wanted to see. Giraffes, Flamingos, Monkeys and Elephants. We also saw the reptiles (which did not please Campbell. He makes no apologies for his fear of snakes.) The Amphibians, the Zebras, Prairie Dogs, the otter-free otter exhibit, camels, orangatuns, and other stuff that I can't recall after my heat stroke. The boys each got an "I touched a stingray" t-shirt. Not because they touched a sting-ray, but because they were 50% off. LOL.

In spite of the warm temperatures, it was a fun morning and I'm glad we were able to do something fun together. Next time we'll get there when they open and bring our swim suits for the splash pad! ;)


Look at that snowcone - good bang for your buck. Maybe next time we'll share ..

.

Even though Campbell insisted he could eat his snowcone without dripping on his shirt, I opted to just take it off. Proved to be my best move of the morning. His belly was coated in cherry syrup.


The Monkey villiage is always a good time.


The boys at the Flamingo's. Campbell started with a cheesy smile and when I suggested a less chessy smile,

this is what I got. ha..ha..


The Flamingos. This is what I learned about flamingos. They dont' have feathers on their legs so to keep them warm, they pull one close to their body. Never know, that tidbitcould come in handy some day.


The boys at the Prairie Dog exhibit.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed a fun outing with your cute boys, and I'm really glad you didn't truly get heat stroke! Yikes! I forget how hot it is there ... here we're right in the perfect time of year for a day at the zoo ... I ought to make time for that with my kids ... hmmm. Loved the pictures - especially Campbell's non-cheesy "smile". Been there, done that!! Love and hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Holly you are a good Mommy! What darling boys and what a precious little girl! I am praying and hugging you from afar! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete