Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Two Boys and a Girl

The boys have been so excited about their little sister. They've been here to see her twice. The first time was a bit kooky. They have to have their temperatures taken before they can come in to the NICU. The kids have their temps taken all the time and it's no big deal. However, in this day of ear probes, our kids haven't seen a "traditional" thermometer and to say they freaked out, is an understatement.

Ian was convinced it was a needle and would hurt. He'd just recently had blood drawn for his allergy testing and was no fan of needles. Campbell was not thrilled, but finally figured it out and did it under his tongue. Mimi and I took Campbell to see Ainsley while Jon and Ian worked through the temperature check.

Campbell was so sweet as he sat on the chair and looked in on his little sister for the first time. I wasn't sure how they would feel when seeing her attached to the many tubes and wires. But, true to the innocence of childhood, they saw right past it all. Campbell looked into the isolette and said "She's tiny" Then paused and said "She's beautiful". It was such pure, unsolicited love. Just made my heart swell. We stayed for just a few minutes so she wouldn't be disturbed and made our way back out to the lobby.
Meanwhile, Jon and Ian had worked through their difficulties. He was finally able to get a reading under his arm, but it was no easy task. In the end he was so proud of himself. I was proud of him to because he was so genuinely scared. He wanted to see his sister so badly and knew he would have to be brave to do it. Jon took him in and I waited with Mom and Campbell. I wish I could have been there to see his first reaction. He's been so anxious to meet his little sister. He'd hoped for a sister this time and and when we got the ultra sound confirmation it was a girl, he said "Yea, I got what I wanted!!" He's been planning her August arrival, knowing that she would be coming around his birthday. Guess it was a bit confusing that she arrived so early ... still has to wait a few months for his birthday to get here. Life can be cruel when you're 4 going on 5. ;)

After we left the NICU we went back up to my room to visit for a few minutes before they left. Ian came to me and said "I'm glad your baby is out of your tummy now, Mom." It was cute.

They've since come to visit two more times. Each time, they're so excited... they love to see her eyes open and hands move "Mom, she waved at me!", "Mom, she's looking at me".... each action she does thrills them. I hope that continues when she steals their toys, or pulls their hair.

4 comments:

  1. Ian told me all about the temp. check last week. He was so cute. They both said how beautiful and small she was. They were excited and joyful when they talked about her. I loved just listening to them tell me about her. They seemed to have a special bond, it makes me wonder if they knew her before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Cam really said was, "She's soooo beautiful!" I think it was the word "so" that touched my heart so much as it did. That sacred momet was the definition of "pure love!" I will never forget it EVER!! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are truly with you & your fam. We put your name in the temple when we go. A friend of mine went through something similar & she said for every 2 steps forward there's 1 back but it keeps moving forward...I pray it will continue to for you as well. Thank the Lord for modern medicine & inspiring so many Doc through the years! We miss you all & are inspired by your faith...Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great with detailed information. It is really very helpful for us.
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete